Loaded Perogies

I was introduced to perogies by a friend who always cooked them in either microwave or sautee them in oil. She paired them with noodles or rice. For a year or so, that was all I did. One night, as I was sauteeing them, I noticed that the box it came in had colorful veggies sprinkled on them. An idea sparked looking at it and hence came the version-1 of Perogies.

Years later, I've seen "Loaded Perogies" restaurant pop up. Few modifications then, based on their taste, I came up with my version of it. My friend was pleasantly surprised when I made this for her on her visit. She made sure to note the recipe and try on her own.
                                                       
                                                   **** Loaded Perogies **** 

Prep time: 5 min 
Cook time: 8 min                                                                                 
                                

Ingredients: 
  • Potato & Cheddar Perogies (I use cheemo brand)
  • Green peppers 
  • Onions
  • Cabbage 
  • Carrots
  • Garlic 
  • Soy Sauce 
  • Chili Sauce 
  • Salt 
  • Coriander Leaves 
  • Spring Onion 
  • Sesame oil 
Let's go! 
  • In a pan add sesame oil, heat it up and add chopped garlic, onion (for presentation, I prefer to cut vegetables julienne) and stir it until onions are translucent.
  • Add cabbage, carrots, green peppers and cover it with a lid and on medium flame cook it. 
  • Add salt, soy sauce, chili sauce to the cooked vegetables and stir it well. 
  • Wash the perogies in warm water to de-freeze them.
  • Add perogies and toss them until they are coated with sauces. 
  • Stir them, now and then, to avoid perogies from sticking to the pan. 
  • Once the perogies slightly brown, add chopped coriander leaves and spring onion to it.
  • Serve it with sour cream, it enhances the taste of veggies and the perogies. 
Do try it and let me know how it turned out.

If you like this recipe and want to see more form my kitchen, please follow and let me know in the comments section.

Comments

Popular Posts