Masala Oats

I’ve no idea how much I’ve spent on Saffola masala oats, I even had bought it from amazon when the stores didn’t have them.. I loved how tasty and filling they are and  of course they are also a quick fix when your hungry.  A packet of Saffola oats and a bowl  are permanent residents of  my locker at office.

During lock-down I feared having any food that is not made in front of me... I started to experiment on this recipe  and here goes my perfected recipe.

My solution: *** Masala Oats **** 🙌

Prep time: 5 mins.
Cook time:  8 mins.

Masala Oats


Ingredients:
  • One bowl of steel cut oats soaked in warm water
  • Diced onions, tomatoes
  • Bite sized cut carrots
  • Small cup of frozen peas, washed in warm water
  • Coriander powder
  • Garam masala
  • Salt
  • Turmeric

Let’s go!!!
  • In a pan add olive oil.
  • Saute onions, once they turn translucent, add tomatoes, carrots and peas.
  • Stir the above ingredients. Cover it with a lid and set it to medium flame.
  • After the veggies are cooked, add salt,turmeric, corainder powder, garam masala. Mix it well and let it sit for a minute.
  • Now empty the bowl of oats along with water. Stir the contents in the pan.
  • Place the lid and let it cook for 3 minutes.
  • Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve.

I loved the creamy texture and how it turned out to be. 

If you have any better versions of Masala oats that you make, let me know below.

Nom!! Nom!! Nom!!!

If you like this recipe and would love to see more from my kitchen, please subscribe and follow me.

Comments

Popular Posts