Chia Pudding

It’s quite a bit of preparation and waiting when you make this.. but you’ll love to see this colorful jar waiting for you in the morning. Each bite will make you believe that it’s all worth the wait.

My solution: *** Chia Pudding**** 

Prep time: 8 hrs (Hey!don't sweat it. This is just the time taken to soak the almonds ).
Cook time: 5 mins.

Chia pudding
Ingredients:
  • Soaked almonds, I soak them usually for eight hours.
  • Chia seeds
  • Your choice of fruits( I had kiwi, plums, mangoes)
  • Pitted dates
  • Peanut butter
  • Chocolate syrup
  • Vanilla essence
  • Pistachios, pumpkin seeds ( I love the crunch the nuts add to the gooey texture of Chia)
  • Skimmed milk

Let’s go!
  • In a blender add soaked almonds and skimmed milk, blend it and strain the pulp away. ( Don’t throw the oil away, I make almond, coconut chutney usually with the left over pulp)
  • In the strained almond milk, add chocolate syrup and dash of vanilla essence. Give it a whirl.
  • To the chocolate almond milk, add Chia seeds and let it sit until it forms the gooey texture. (First time I made this I kept staring at it waiting to see the transformation 😜
  • My kiwis and mangoes had sour taste so I didn’t prepare the pudding that night as Chia doesn’t swell properly when in contact with sour flavor (Learned this trick the hard way 😞)
  • In a mason jar first lay a base of kiwis, add the soaked chia to form another layer on top of it. Add one more layer of dates, chia layer, peanut butter layer, plums layer, sprinkle pistachios and pumpkin seeds on top. 
  • I let it sit for an hour in fridge while I finish my morning yoga.


Do try it and let me know your version down below.

If you like this recipe and would love to see more from my kitchen, please subscribe and follow me.

Comments

Popular Posts